Saturday 24 November 2018

So tired


Yesterday I came & sat in front of the computer, all ready to write my blog. My mind went a complete blank. I couldn’t think of a thing to write about. And when I could – the adverse effect on relationships of shift work & odd working hours – I couldn’t be bothered. Ultimately I was just too tired to make the effort to clarify my thoughts in any way. I turned instead to playing Mahjong on the computer, followed by some card games – neither of which demanded much from me.

As the day went on I only got more tired, what with the gardener arriving & then the trip into hospital followed by a social lunch at the golf club. By the time we got back I was fit only for a lie down. When I got up it was time for painkillers & dinner. However, by the time the Fox had made dinner – a warm up of Slow Cooked Venison Roast he’d made months ago & put in the freezer – I was resorting to yet stronger painkillers as the others had had no effect.

I stayed & watched “Pointless”, a TV quiz show, before falling into bed. I finished the last 10 pages of the light romantic novel I’d been reading. Lights out. I’m relieved to say I had the best night’s sleep I’ve had for ages. My eyes are still a bit gluey & gritty but nothing like as bad as they have been. It is with considerably more relish that I got today’s lamb curry under way – it’s plopping even as I write - & sit down to write this.

We’re telling ourselves there’s only two more weeks to go. Then we may both have the chance to get on top of things. The treatment has certainly been a draining experience for both of us.

No comments: