Friday 2 November 2018

Exhausted


Exhaustion swept over me. Having thoroughly enjoyed my salmon soup last night & the odd glass or two of white wine, I fell into bed at 6.15 pm not to re-emerge until 7.15 this morning.

As I’ve said before all these trips into Lancaster are having their toll on me. Yesterday was a day we didn’t have to go in, a day when dinner required minimal preparation, a day to relax. And my, did I relax!

At the moment I do feel brighter for all that sleep, but I wonder if I will feel the same by the time we get back from Lancaster later today.

My consolation is that the Fox is beginning to think he’s not as itchy as he has been. Maybe, just maybe, this light therapy is beginning to work. I do hope so.

Today is another easy day foodwise. Easy for me at least. The Fox is cooking. He’s making a chorizo & tomato pasta dish, which means no preparation work for me. All I need to do is to get the chorizo & Parmesan out of the freezer later on. I’m also getting out a gammon joint ready to roast for Saturday’s meal.

No comments: