Monday 20 August 2018

Waiting yet again


I’m back to waiting. And my do I hate waiting. I get increasingly screwed up, unable to relax as I wait. So what am I waiting for this time?

First thing this morning I rang the hospital. Last time we were at Dermatology for the Fox’s eczema, he was given a number to ring if he was in crisis. Although most of him isn’t doing too bad (in other words just about tolerable), his legs are in a terrible state. They’re covered with blisters at least an inch across full of yellow pus which keeps leaking out. He’s even starting to bleed from some of them, which makes him reluctant to put on the creams he’s been given. That seems to us as crisis.

I got through reasonably quickly. The secretary told she would just consult with one of the doctors & then she would ring me back soon. To me “soon” means 5-10 minutes. Well I’ve now been waiting over an hour, getting increasingly strung up. I’ve finally decided to come on-line, bringing the phone & diary with me. I might be able to get something done or at least distract me for a bit. I’m relieved dinner doesn’t need much preparation – a tuna pasta bake that is all done this evening & which the Fox can easily take over if I’m feeling too tired or pain-filled by then.

No comments: