Friday 6 July 2018

A welcome break

It came as a surprise yesterday. After all that hot weather, & nervously making a pie, we sat outside really appreciating having a hot meal. A cool wind had got up. The Fox, sitting in the shade even had to resort to a jumper! I managed without but I was sat in the sun.

As for the meal it was good & rich. The Fox managed to eat it all. The only concession I made to his loss of appetite was to cut down on the potatoes. Normally I would have done another one.

So today it’s a Slow Cooker Venison Roast. The Fox cooked the pot roast in the slow cooker overnight. I’ve peeled the spuds – mash today. Again I’ve done a bit less than I usually would have.

It’s good to see the Fox’s appetite return. It’s not quite entirely back but it is getting there.

Yesterday the cruise tickets arrived. Along with it came the car parking at Rosyth. I gave the agency a ring. Last March I had changed the parking to Newcastle when we’d made the booking, yet here again they were expecting us to drive up to Edinburgh and what? Hitch back to Newcastle, luggage in hand? They confirmed the change to Newcastle.

Our friends’ decision to come on the trip with us has taken much of the excitement away from the holiday. However, when I saw the tickets a glimmer did rise again. I’m just keeping my fingers crossed that they want some me time as much as we do, time to do their own thing as much as we want to do ours. Now we just need to get the Fox’s appetite back. One of the few joys of our last attempt at a sea-going cruise was the high quality of the food. It would be a pity to miss out on it.

No comments: