Saturday 7 July 2018

A step back

I spoke too soon. Sure enough we sat down to our venison.  Two mouthfuls later & the Fox was having difficulty swallowing. He enjoyed his Vichy carrots but that was about it. He did manage to eat some ice-cream afterwards but that was about it. How he’s going to manage on this holiday is anyone’s guess.

We’re trying to tell ourselves, as with recovering from most illnesses, it is just a case of two steps forward, one step back. It’s time he has that backward step. Maybe this is the last fling & he’ll be fine once he gets back to where he was.

Undoubtedly part of the problem is the heat. Most people around seem to be on an involuntary diet. They just can’t face eating a big meal, let alone cooking it. 

Nonetheless I am cooking today. This time I’m doing Potatoes Florentine, layers of oniony spinach, ham strips, sliced potatoes all covered with a cheese sauce. It’s all made up now ready to be cooked in the oven this evening. All I will need is a few extra veg. I’m thinking of simply frying up the mushrooms that are left over from the Beef in Red Wine Pie earlier in the week. Hopefully I shouldn’t get too hot doing that.



No comments: