Monday 16 April 2018

Vampire time

The vampire is out today. I shall once more venture to the surgery to have some blood taken. Next week I’m due for my next dose of chemo. I’m just hoping this time the needle doesn’t break in my arm as it did last time.

My mind is still revolving around some of the ideas explored in today’s “Start the Week” on BBC Radio4. I hadn’t acknowledged the fact it is 50 years since 1968 & the riots there, followed by the Dubček uprising in Czechoslovakia. In the States there were anti-Vietnam protests as well as those for civil rights both for black people & for women. It was a time of unrest.

1968 saw the Fox in Paris. He was a student at the time, just visiting on holiday. He still remembers the scents & sounds of the protests there. The first time we went to Paris together, many years later, he certainly gained a certain respect when he said the last time he’d been in Paris was in May 1968.


No comments: