Thursday 26 April 2018

Croquettes & narcissi


I’ve just been crumbing some croquettes for dinner. This time they’re beef ones using some leftover roast beef. I’ve added some horseradish sauce to give them a bit of a lift. They should be quick & easy to fry up this evening.

Then I ventured into the garden to pick a few narcissi. It’s been wet & windy the last few days with the result many are virtually lying on the ground. I’ve filled a vase with the flattened ones. They will fill the lounge with their sweet scent & give us a certain joy whenever they catch our eyes. And that will be fairly often as I’ve put the vase next to the TV. I’m just hoping the scent won’t be so strong we end up with streaming eyes. There’s still plenty of more erect narcissi left dotted around the garden to give us pleasure there.

No comments: