Monday 23 April 2018

Spring is here


Today is one of those odd days when I have no food preparation to do in the morning. It’s chemo day & I don’t know how I’ll be feeling about cooking afterwards. We may just have a salad or a ready meal. Or for that matter we may just eat out for once. Whatever we do, we’ll decide after the treatment.

Saturday saw me out in the garden in the sunshine. It was lovely to see a peacock butterfly, basking in the sun with its wings outstretched. Those great blue eyes on the terracotta wing standing out so distinctively against the green of the lawn.

Other butterflies were flying around. I even found the odd caterpillar hiding under some leaves. Spring is definitely here, even though the weather is once more cooler, the skies overcast if not positively weeping rain.

No comments: