Monday 27 November 2017

Preparing for the storm



The meat is in its marinade for this evening. It will just need a quick grill this evening.

I was surprised yesterday when our gardener turned up despite the showers. She’d apparently looked up the weather forecasts & seen that today we’re supposed to be having a tremendous amount of rain. Sunday, at least, was only supposed to be a day of showers, one of the drier days this week.

For once I didn’t join her & chat. It was too cold & too wet. She decided to leave a little earlier than usual. Even for her the rain was getting too heavy. She assured me that next time she would stay a bit longer to make up for it.

I happily paid her. She’s a hard worker with a kind soul. I feel I can trust her not to diddle me. I’m confident if I had a problem, even not a gardening one, she or her husband would be round to the rescue. They are good people. There are few enough of them around.

So far there’s no sign of the watery deluge. Admittedly it’s another grey day, like so many we have had of late. Maybe the deluge is yet to come. Certainly the wind is getting up. I hear the rattle & squeal of the side gate though so far the banshees are not yet whistling down the chimney.

No comments: