Thursday 2 November 2017

A morning of leisure



The sky is blue for once. The sun is shining. I wonder if our gardener will be around today. We bumped into her in the supermarket yesterday. She proudly showed off her 7 month old grand-daughter, & said she would be around today or tomorrow, weather permitting.

Our home help thought we would not be needing the services of a gardener in winter. I couldn’t help pointing out with a garden our size there is plenty to do all year round. Winter tends to be the time for tidying up, pruning trees, etc. The only time our gardener doesn’t come is in January when the green bins are not collected so there’s no point in her filling the bins with rubbish.

I have to confess my spirits always go up on a sunny day. Today is also my day off as the Fox is in charge of cooking tonight. I don’t even have spuds to peel today. I have a morning of quiet instead. The washing isn’t all dry yet so the ironing will wait. I can just spend my time reading, doing jigsaws, playing games – a life of leisure.

No comments: