Wednesday 8 November 2017

A winter's morning



The world is white outside – just frost. I love winter mornings like this. I much prefer them to the grey damp days we have so much of in this area. The cold you can wrap against.

The frost brings out the beauty of so much – the delicate lines on fallen leaves, the sparkling bejewelled strands of cobwebs that stretch across shrubs. They sometimes stretch across vast spaces between walls & posts.

My only regret is that it must make life difficult for the wildlife. The water is too frozen to drink or wash, the ground too hard to drill down into for worms. It’s definitely time to make sure there is plenty of other food for them to find.

I’ve just put out some pork fat. We’ll be having some pork medallions in a Cajun marinade later in the week. I thought I might as well cut the meat into medallions now & trim off the fat while I’m at it, so there's a treat for the birds today.

Where the sun on this clear blue day hits the ground, the frost is beginning to melt. The nearer lawn is now once more becoming green, the further still white.

All so beautiful!

No comments: