Thursday 30 November 2017

Another bright day



Yet another bright morning. That’s three in a row.

It occurred to me the land should have dried a bit. I thought I’d cut the rosebuds & the pinks for the house.

The ground was frozen solid – no question of sinking into the wet soil. The white rosebuds were tinged with brown. The frost & earlier rain has clearly damaged them. I moved on to the pinks. They had a speckled look, also past their best.

I came in with no flowers. Mind you I’m bemused there should even be roses & pinks around at this time of the year, especially when it is as cold as it is at the moment. The thermometer had got to -8C.

Still the crystal clear sky is enough to cheer us up at the moment. Hopefully the steak pie I’m making for this evening will be just the thing to warm us up on a cold night as I’m sure tonight will be. Ths steak filling is plopping away even as I write.

No comments: