Wednesday 23 August 2017

Not the only ones



The pork plops on. We’re having a pork & chorizo casserole with plenty of paprika – a bit like a goulash I suppose. I’ll be adding some Greek yoghurt when I warm it up this evening.

We’re not the only ones feeling so tired. Our cruising friends are too. They’re looking forward to their next trip as much as we are. Unfortunately he too has been having health problems, having had an op on his bladder a couple of months ago. He still doesn’t feel comfortable. Meanwhile she is having problems with her eyesight, having to look around a black cobweb in one eye.

This summer’s weather hasn’t helped any of us. We’ve rarely sat around in our walled garden. It’s been too cold or too wet. I’ve even begun to wonder why we put the chairs & small table out there. We’ve dined out maybe a few more times this year, but even that seems a long while ago now – same reasons. 

We had been hoping to show off our garden to some friends this summer but we’ve either been too tired to want to bother making any effort, too busy with medical appointments or it’s cold & wet. Yesterday did stay dry most of the afternoon but it was so humid that it wasn’t pleasant out. It almost felt as though you were stepping out of Changi airport, Singapore, into tropical heat when you stepped out of the front door, and yet it was so dull & not that warm.

Oh well until we get off to Italy I shall just have to continue my travels by book, be it Greece (I’m still on the same novel ), Italy with my guidebooks or the Far East with my present jigsaw of an oriental floating market. And just hope we can have some pleasant sunny days to sit in the garden for once.

No comments: