Friday 26 May 2017

A worthwhile trip



I’m up bright & early on this gloriously sunny morning. The Fox is making dinner today, so there’s nothing much for me to do for dinner except take a few things out of the freezer nearer mealtime.

My trip to the hospital yesterday was worthwhile. We arrived about half an hour early – we’ve still not got used to the speedier trip in with the new by-pass road taking so much traffic away from the road into Lancaster. As I result we thought we might as well pop into the Breast Clinic again & find out why they hadn’t phoned back.

This time, the different receptionist team went out of their way to be helpful. They rang through to the MacMillan nurses. One came through to talk to me. After explaining my problems, she’s promised to arrange for me to get an appointment within the next two weeks. That’s a relief. I feel that means we should be more confident where we’re at with my treatment, whether the pain I’ve been having is a sign of something being amiss as I fear. If nothing is wrong, & this is part of a long healing process, maybe I can settle to make plans once more.

The Dermatology Clinic is just opposite the Breast Clinic. We managed to get there just in time for my appointment. I’ve been given another prescription for the psoriasis which I have to go up to our surgery today to collect. I’m thinking I will go up on my mobility scooter since it’s such a pleasant dry day.

The hospital doctor is also arranging for me to have various patch tests for allergies. I’ve already had to have another blood let. Fortunately this nurse had no problem getting into my veins – or maybe it’s just that my left side is more used to it than the right which is the side the oncology people have to use.

Come the evening we had a various pleasant evening sat out in the garden. There we ate out for the first time this year. We were tempted to sit longer chatting, disturbed only by the tweeting of the birds. It was like balmy evenings in the south of France, a little holiday oasis. I’m hoping the same might happen again this evening.


No comments: