Saturday 7 May 2016

What a collection!



I’m in the midst of making a pie for dinner tonight. The minced lamb & vegetable filling is cooling down before I make the pastry casing.  I thought I’d slip out & write a blog while I waited.

There is only one thing left to talk about concerning our recent Dutch holiday.  To say our hotel was unusual was an understatement.

As we turned into the driveway of the hotel, I wondered quite where we had come too. In some ways it resembled a scrap yard. The longer we stayed there, the more things we discovered – dodgem cars, old buses, old trams, old cars.



As we stepped into the entrance of the hotel we discovered yet more stuff. By the time we’d got to the reception we began to feel we were in some sort of museum. Throughout our stay we were all finding more & more things we hadn’t noticed before – sewing machines, rowing boats, bicycles, clogs, old petrol pumps, early gramophones & blenders, model ships, soft toys, pedal cars, books etc. etc.

I think the only way to describe it lies in showing a few photos to give you the idea.

In the entrance

In reception


The lounge







The bar

It is certainly the most eccentric hotel I’ve ever stayed in.

No comments: