Monday 13 April 2015

It has to be faced



The time has come. It has to be faced. It’s time to take on the ordeal of finding holiday insurance.

I hate this job as I end up feeling such an old crock, just about to fall into pieces everywhere. These days the Fox doesn’t  do much better.

 There are times I question if it is worth buying insurance. We’ve never put in a claim. However, if anything were to happen, we realise just how expensive it can be even if you have a EHIC card to cover medical costs within most of Europe. Increasingly holiday companies insist you have insurance before they will let you have your tickets - which I think is a bit of a cheek.

So far I’ve been putting it off, partly because I needed to hear what the doctor had to say last week. As for today, I’ve poached some smoked haddock ready to go into a soufflé for this evening. I’ve also peeled the spuds for the chips. The washing is out & now I’m escaping on to the computer for a bit. Anything to avoid the phone & all those medical questions.

However, after this, I must get on the phone & sort out the insurance. At least I’ll get both holidays, that in France & that in Austria covered in one go.

No comments: