Thursday 2 April 2015

A chilly trip



I’m just back from a rather chilly trip out on the Mean Machine, my electric scooter.

First I popped round to deliver a card to an old friend. She has Alzheimer’s these days & doesn’t get out much. We haven’t seen her for ages. Today’s her birthday, 83 I think. We didn’t want her to feel unloved just because she’s no longer seen. Admittedly by now she’s possibly not even aware that it is her birthday, or who we are, but it might give her a little bit of pleasure to see the cute kitten in the picture. It may even jog her memory a bit.

Then I went on up to the library. Last night I suddenly realised I was down to the last 10 pages or so of my novel. That will be lucky to last out the day. It certainly isn’t going to keep me going through to Tuesday as the library will be closed from tomorrow to then due to Easter.

It is lovely to have a bright sunny day, without much wind for a change. I loved looking at the daffodils & hyacinths in the gardens as I passed. I also went by a couple of magnificent magnolia trees just started to open out into flower. I wonder when ours will reach that stage. At least the daffodils under the silver birches are opening up now. The nearby camellia is covered with large white buds so that should be glorious soon. Our garden seems to be considerably behind others around, but I suppose that’s what comes of being in a frost pocket.

No comments: