Friday 10 April 2015

Feeling lazy



I’m being lazy at the moment. A bit of me says I’ve no food to prepare for dinner today, so I’ve a clear morning, a good time to get the week’s ironing done. There’s quite a pile of it, too! However, it’s also my birthday today so I’m being self-indulgent & a bit lazy. I may even have a day off weeding!

We’re intending to go out down to the Barton Grange garden centre later today. We’re primarily looking for some garden furniture, something heavyweight that can remain permanently out in our walled garden area. We’re also keeping eyes open for some nice colourful pots to fill that area. Who knows what else we may find! We’ve rarely escaped empty-handed.

We’re also intending to eat out for once. We’re half-contemplating the nearby hotel. Our cruising friends recently had a big family meal there to celebrate their golden wedding anniversary. They reckoned the food was very good. We’ll see. We may decide to eat nearer home, somewhere like Thurnham Mill yet again. Or maybe try the posher Thurnham Hall. As I say we’ll see.

Meanwhile the tickets for our French holidays have arrived. The company has also sent us a small guidebook on Paris & maps of Paris, Dijon & Beaune. The holiday seems that much more real now.

Maybe what I ought to be doing this morning is sorting out the holiday insurance. I’ve been delaying it until I had the conclusions of my GP concerning my high blood pressure readings. Yesterday I heard his thoughts on the matter. He doesn’t think there’s anything to worry about. Almost certainly the reason my blood pressure is high is that I pushed myself in my wheelchair into the consulting room so causing the blood to pump more vigorously through my arms. I gather this is quite normal for someone who so pushes themselves. Maybe the readings should be taken from the leg rather than the arms in such cases! The important thing is that there’s nothing to worry about. What is more my kidneys have improved with there being no sign of Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) any more, though he’s not confident that won’t return. Still any remission can only be good.

No comments: