Monday 7 July 2014

In out?



I’m in a bit of a dither. Should I put my washing out to dry? On the one hand the sun is shining. I tap the barometer. It shoots up which would suggest dry improving weather. However, when I got up not so long ago, about 8.15am, it was drizzling & there are some pretty black clouds in the sky. Undoubtedly the washing would dry quicker outside in the sunshine & gentle breeze, but not if it’s going to rain. Equally I’m not physically up to running in & out to get the washing in if it starts to rain. For the moment I’ll wait & see how the day progresses.

I’ll be going out to the freezer later on to get some chicken for dinner. The Fox is doing a stir-fry, Chicken Kung Po, for dinner tonight. If the weather’s looking more settled by then I’ll put the washing on the line. There’s not much so it shouldn’t take long to dry.

Tomorrow I’m going to have to be up bright & early. Linda, our home help, is arriving at 9am. If possible I would like to be up, dressed & breakfasted before she comes. Usually I would be up anyhow, but Sod’s Law, says it will the one day I oversleep. I refuse to set the alarm clock unless it’s really necessary. If need be she will just have to have me semi-dressed, unwashed, in need of tea. She is a carer, not just a cleaner, so she should be able to cope the sight. She may even make the tea – a task I’ve been trying to teach her. (It amazes me how few people these days seem to know how to make tea in a teapot, not a mug, & yet the latter tastes so much better. So much for the British being a nation of tea drinkers!)




No comments: