Saturday 5 July 2014

Finally getting back to normal



It comes as quite a shock to quickly get on the computer. Ever since we came back from our holiday, we seem to have had so many updates. Sometimes it’s taken the best part of half an hour before you can actually do anything. I’ve taken to taking a book with me when I boot up, only then I sometimes get distracted in what I’m reading. So it came as a shock to discover I was straight on.

This week has also been the first week since our return that has seemed anything like normal. Apart from our trips into Lancaster for glasses on Sunday & Monday, we’ve had a quiet time of it. I think it has done both of us some good. We were both beginning to get a bit frayed. On Wednesday we relaxed sufficiently to accept that we were overtired & ate out instead of cooking after our food shop. The village pub, under fairly new management, has upped its game as far as food is concerned, much to our relief. It’s nice to have an option that isn’t Chinese or Indian.

However, now we’re back to home-cooking. Thursday saw the Fox making some wonderful Spicy Prawns & Chorizo. The paprika-infused juices we mopped up with some fresh bread.

Yesterday we progressed to Mexican cooking with Crispy Pork Tacos, which we thoroughly enjoyed. The spice was welcome. The chocolaty-looking sludge of spiced black beans was delicious.

So it is today I’m looking forward to going more Italian with Tagliatelle with Mushrooms & Peas. I’m going to add some ham for some extra interest. Neither of us entirely convinced about vegetarian food, unless it is egg based. Omelettes are welcome any day. My enthusiasm for cooking & food is growing as my energy levels revives.

No comments: