Monday 16 June 2014

Unsettled



I seem to have been feeling curiously unsettled of late. I don’t know whether it’s to do with the unsettled, brooding feeling of weather. I seem to be aching badly without doing much to cause it. I’ve had to take far more painkillers than usual. But maybe that’s due to atmospheric pressure – it has been decidedly heavy with torrential rain. Or maybe it’s due to my new pills – it’s supposed to be one of the possible side effects.

Normally I happily decide what to cook. At the moment I’m indifferent, almost incapable of coming to any decision. I’ve got a couple of days of freezer-using-up days. Usually I regard these as a bit of a challenge. What to do with a few slices of Parma ham? Or 140g of salmon? Or 180g chicken breast? Instead I find myself just staring into space & putting off the decision.

I’ve finally decided to make some carbonara with the Parma ham. It’s taken me most of the week to decide that. Still today’s sorted out.

It’s a good option as today is one of those days of waiting around. They’re supposed to be coming to repair my wheelchair sometime today, probably this afternoon. As a result I feel too unsettled to do much food preparation.

Tomorrow is easy. It’s Linda, the home help, in the morning then eye test day. I’ve already concluded we’re having a quick & easy microwavable meal.

Wednesday is more problematic. If I’ve not decided on what to do with the salmon or chicken, it’s likely to turn into a meatball curry. We haven’t had a good curry in ages. That will be something to look forward to.

After that it will be back to organised meals for a spell as we will have done some food shopping. Hopefully by the time we’ve eaten those meals I’ll be feeling more like myself.


No comments: