Friday 27 June 2014

Into Lancaster yet again



We’re off back to Lancaster yet again. We went in on Tuesday to complain about our new glasses. Not only do I find my glasses for use with the computer so useless that it’s less of a strain for me to see without them than with them, but the Fox has found his new reading glasses are so strong, he can’t read except at a specific distance, & that certainly means he cannot read the computer screen. They’ve decided there must be something wrong with the maths & they will start with a new eye test.

I’ve never had this problem before. Sometimes a change of lens has needed a bit of adjusting to, especially when I changed to varifocals, but I’ve always felt I stood a chance of adjusting to them. This pair I feel if I wear them for any length of time, i.e. more than 5 minutes, I’m going to have a severe headache & my eyes will be popping out on stalks!

With this in mind I’m having a quiet morning. I’ve nothing to do towards dinner as it will be something quick tonight – a microwaveable meal – or else eating out. 

Going into Lancaster can be a chore. It’s not helped at the moment as there are roadworks everywhere. Much of Lancaster shopping centre is being updated. At the same time a new branch of motorway is being built from the M6 motorway through to Heysham port. It’s absolute chaos!

No comments: