Monday 30 June 2014

A red framed world



I’ve entered a red framed world. My new glasses have arrived. We collected them yesterday.

I’m not entirely convinced by them. I thought I was fine as we drove back from Lancaster. The world was a bit soft focus. However, I know when lenses have been weakened before, that has been the case. It’s as though my eyes have grown accustomed to be overstretched & take a little time to relax. I assumed that was the case this time.

Then, in the evening, I put them on to watch the TV. There were words on the screen. I was hard-pushed to read them. Is this just a sign I was overtired, or is this a sign the prescription for the lenses is wrong? I’m not sure.

One thing is certain. They certainly solve the problem of seeing the computer screen. That is a lot sharper with the varifocals on. It does mean my touch-typing is going have to improve as now I can’t see the keyboard very well!

In theory we should be going back to Lancaster today to collect the Fox’s second pair of reading glasses. We’re tempted to wait & see how my eyes settle first. I may yet have to go to complain about this pair of glasses too!

I’ve never had such problems with new glasses before. I will admit I was unsure I would adjust when I first changed to varifocals, but it was never as bad this time.

No comments: