Monday 18 November 2013

Waiting



I’m just waiting for the filling to cool down & the puff pastry to thaw out. We’re having a curried turkey pie for dinner tonight. I’m rather looking forward to it. It’s not something we have often so it should be quite a change.

It’s a damp morning. We are still hoping to get to the computer shop this afternoon, & certainly the problems I’ve had getting on-line suggest the urgency of so doing. I’m just hoping when we do get it there, it won’t take too long to be fixed. There are some things, such as my freezer list, which I keep on floppies & on this computer which I won’t be able to update or consult during the computer’s absence. I’ll just have to keep a paper list & hope I remember to write everything down.

Over the weekend I’ve indulged in a few more glasses of wine. It doesn’t seem to be having any adverse effect. I think I will keep at this level for a while before maybe introducing an extra glass midweek. I confess it is nice to have a little bit of alcohol again.

I do enjoy the adventure of discovering various wines. They are so different according to grape variety, regions of production, even field & vintage. You never quite know what you will find until that first sip. Even then I sometimes think I don’t know a wine until I’ve had at least a glass. My opinion can change as I grow more familiar with it. Sometimes something that seems impossibly tannic dissolves into velvet. Others seem exciting at first & then settle into a rather boring monotony of taste. As I say it’s always an adventure.

No comments: