Sunday 12 December 2010

More cold

I thought I would be going to church today now the snow had gone, but I didn't get there. I was late up for a start - the first decent night's sleep for weeks, not to be missed - so it would have been a rush. When I looked out of the kitchen window I remained hopeful. Then I ventured into the lounge & looked along the street. All was white - a really heavy frost & once more very slippy. I concluded I would be wiser to stay at home in the warmth.


So now, late morning, I decided to venture out in the back garden to feed the birds with the left over scraps of pork fat (see the Fox's blog), get some wine to chill for this evening & locate some cheese for afters. It was like walking over a carpet of crystal. The bright sunshine glistened on the frost. A kaleidoscope of brilliant colours flashed back. I had a quick look at the thermometer, -7C. Definitely cold. 

The road, shaded by the houses along it, remains white. The only dark patches being where parked cars have moved off. We're certainly having a cold winter this year. Brr...

No comments: