Tuesday 9 February 2010

It's ready

I'm just about to put the eggs in the pan to fry for dinner when the phone rings. This is the second call while cooking a fairly quick dinner! I answer it - the Fox is busy keeping an egg on the ham saute. It's the computer shop. They think they've solved the problem. So today we're off to collect the laptop yet again. This time the Fox isn't leaving the shop until he's tried to boot up. Thankfully they say there will be no further charge.

While we're in Lancaster I'm hoping to have a quick look at some of the other shops. I desperately need some new high heel shoes. The rubber at the bottom of the heels of my present pair has worn away but the uppers are too far gone to be worth taking them to the cobbler's.

It's a psychological thing. I somehow don't feel right in a skirt/dress in flat shoes. Partially it's because I'd don't feel the latter look elegant enough for the outfit. Partially it's because I always feel dumpier in flat shoes. This doesn't bother me when I'm wearing trousers. Then practicality is the name of the game. But in a skirt/dress I'm trying to look more elegant, more attractive. I want to give the impression of being tall & thin, even now when I'm only going to be seen sat when nobody has any idea how tall I am. Some things don't change.

I don't mind it in summer. I'll happily wear sandals, even flat sandals, with skirt or dress then. Why the difference? I've no idea. I suppose it's partly that sandals always look lighter than most rather clunky flat shoes. Whatever. The fact remains I need some new high heels.

It's a strange fact but there is a shortage of decent shoe shops in Morecambe. There's one very cheap shop - a fiver a pair - & one other. I've had no luck in the latter so a trip to Lancaster or further afield is called for.

But first, & even more importantly, we're getting the laptop back. We've both missed it badly. Booting up the main computer seems so much more effort if you're only going to be on it for a short time.


No comments: