Wednesday 24 February 2010

Success at last

I've done it! I can't quite believe it! There is great celebrating in the Foxes' den, along with a vague sense of disbelief.

The cause of all this euphoria is the fact I've finally manage to buy a couple of tickets to see "Les Miserables" at a matinee performance at the Queen's Theatre in London. We've got a mini-box for two, a loge, on the dress circle for £40 for the two of us. Three cheers! And you can't complain about the price.

It's a long time since either of us have visited London. It was before we were married & we're coming up to our 35th wedding anniversary this year.

We've not decided how long we're going for. That depends on what packages are offered at the hotels. But we're thinking of a couple of nights minimum. But with the right offer.....

Unlike the Fox, I have been to a West End show before now. That must have been over 40 years ago. My parents decided it was time my brother & I should see a bit of the capital of our country, so we had a holiday staying on the outskirts of London, at Weybridge staying in a hotel with a golf course - essential for my Dad's holiday contentment.

One day we visited the National Gallery, Trafalgar Square, then, in the afternoon, on to see a farce at a theatre on the Strand starring Leslie Phillips to get back to the hotel in time for dinner.
My mother wasn't feeling so well so she'd stayed behind at the hotel.

How we got through the whole of the National Gallery in about an hour I don't know. It was a whirlwind tour but that was my father for you.

The last time I went to London I visited the National Gallery again & spent the best part of an hour just looking at one painting, Monet's "Water Lily Pond".

Now we just have to hope finding the hotel & trains a bit easier than the theatre tickets.

No comments: