Sunday 14 February 2010

To church?

I thought I'd get to church today. There was still a bit of frost about. I put on my new boots & set off. I got the Mean Machine, my electric scooter, out of the garage, stopped to close & lock the door, then I was on my way.

As I went along I admired the snowdrops peeping out in the gardens. a sign the winter may soon be over.

Halfway along the road the first drop fell. I thought it must be my imagination. The lampposts had damp patches as the frost melted on the upper metal parts & dripped down on to the concrete. There were definitely a couple of wet dots on my coat sleeve.

I continued on my way. By the time I reached the end of the road another drop had arrived. There was no mistaking it this time.

I hastily turned round & headed home again. Neither the Mean Machine nor I appreciate getting wet much.

As I'd gone along, a neighbour had waved a greeting. Now she looked bemused as I passed her house once more so soon.

And I returned once more to catch up on the latest events in "The Archers" & to start a new jigsaw.

No comments: