Saturday 27 February 2021

Uncertain

I’m in a state of uncertainty. What’s for dinner today?

 

The Fox was planning to slow cook a cassoulet overnight. However, there is no sign of a cassoulet or even the slow cooker having been used.

 

Last night, after dinner, around 7.30pm, we both went to bed exhausted. The washing up was left. Although I was aware of the Fox getting up in the early hours of the morning, he clearly managed the washing up but also clearly he still felt too tired to cook. I slept on, a bit intermittently as usual, until nearer 7.30am by which time the Fox was once more curled around me in bed.

 

Now I’m wondering should I prepare the meal I was intending to cook for Monday – pork in Mexican Freezer Sauce – or not. Or maybe I should just peel a few spuds to go with a ready meal. Is the Fox still wanting to cook for today &, if so, what? Uncertainty as I said. And I don’t like such uncertainty.

 

No comments: