Monday 8 February 2021

Feeling brighter

It is with some relief that I say I feel more like myself. Yesterday I just felt rotten all day. I was nauseous – I couldn’t even manage to eat the chocolate bar the Fox had left out for me – dizzy, oh so heavy. I was pretty sure it was just a reaction to the vaccine jab I’d had on Saturday. And sure enough I feel fine today except for a still sore arm some of the time.

 

I suspect, too, some of my good spirits lie at the sight of the clear blue skies. Going outside may be cold but the air seems so fresh it’s worth stopping a while for a lungful or two.

 

The Fox is off to the optician today as the tiny screw that keeps one of the arms of his glasses has come out. Hopefully they can put it back in.

 

We’re trying to get as much done before Wednesday & the start of radiotherapy. Once that begins it means daily visits to Preston. Each trip isn’t usually very long. The actual treatment only takes about 5 minutes. Previous experience has shown us the appointments can be any time between about 8.30am to 5.30pm. I’ll get the full schedule on Wednesday.

 

No comments: