Friday 5 February 2021

Radiotherapy & a jab

Our trip down to Preston Hospital has resulted in me starting a course of radiotherapy next week. They are hoping to reduce the size of Lump or at least stop it growing any bigger.

 

I was somewhat surprised yesterday when I had a phone call from Preston hospital asking me whether I had had a Covid vaccine yet. I told them no. They then told me to arrange one. They could do it at Preston but that would mean returning to Preston for the second jab. Instead she gave me a local number to ring, requesting an appointment & telling them it was wanted by Preston hospital. I rang the number to find it was Occupational Therapy who had no knowledge of vaccines. I then thought I’d tried my local surgery & they managed to organise an appointment for me over the weekend. So finally I’m to have my jab. That will be both of us that bit safer!

 

No comments: