Saturday 20 February 2021

Still alive & kicking

This is just to reassure you I’m still alive & kicking.

 

The radiotherapy has been absolutely exhausting. Time at home is about doing essential chores – washing, ironing – eating & sleeping. The Fox has done most of the cooking. It wasn’t helped by our central heating boiler going on strike last weekend so much of the weekend was spent worrying about that. We finally got heat back on Monday. I can’t quite decide what is so tiring. One of the side effects of radiotherapy is supposed to be fatigue. Or is it just driving down to Preston at odd hours for appointments from 8.45am to 5.45pm?

 

I am assured at the review that I am doing exceptionally well. Certainly Lump has gone down considerably. All I’m aware of is that I seem to be oozing everywhere. The radiotherapists have to take all the dressings off before giving me treatment. Unfortunately they’ve never been given training in how to put them back on again, with the result I wake up to find all this horrible sticky gunk that has oozed out on sheets & nightwear. Sometimes I’ve had to patch myself up before I’ve even got to bed!

 

So Tuesday I will finish treatment on Lump. On Wednesday I will be looked at with the possibility of starting treatment on the tumours between my breasts next. All depends on how my skin is coping. I suspect it will be fine. There’s a certain advantage to having skin that has never burnt no matter how the strong the sun is or how long I’ve sat out in it.

 

No comments: