Thursday 25 February 2021

Next stage

All went well at my examination yesterday. I was complimented on how well I’d treated my skin. That seemed pretty miraculous to me. With most of the skin from mid-breast upwards being under dressings I didn’t see much point in moisturising what little remained.

 

The conclusion at the end of the day was that Lump has had as much treatment as is safe. It used to protrude about 3 inches, now it’s down to 1 inch – a definite improvement. More importantly my pain levels have been reduced considerably. The effect of radiotherapy should continue for another couple of weeks at least so further reduction in the size of Lump is likely.

 

They now propose to start on the next area – between the breasts. That will start on Monday, just for the one week this time.

 

After so many weeks of shutdown, I can’t believe how delighted we are just to have four whole days at home once more. It’s such a relief not to be going down to Preston for a few days.

 

No comments: