Tuesday 9 February 2021

Gull thoughts

As usual, the first thing I did this morning was to venture to the laundry room to see how the washing was drying. As I did so I couldn’t help being aware of the amount of gull sounds, the sort of cries that tell you that you are at the seaside. A quick glance through the windows & I could see far more than usual numbers of gulls circling around. That’s usually a sign of a bad day at sea & yet the sky is clear blue, the day seems calm. Is Storm Darcy arriving later today & that’s what the gulls are forecasting? Or have they just found a good source of food someone has put out? On the way back into the house I have a quick look at the thermometer on the outside of the garden shed - -11˚C, too cold for me to hang around long.

 

 

1 comment:

Malcolm said...

You will be very much in our thoughts and prayers, as always, as you face the trips to Preston for the radiotherapy. Hope you have fully recovered from the side effects of the covid jab; my response to that jab was a sore throat, runny nose, sneezes etc but I think the worst of that had passed within 48 hours. Take care and God bless.