Saturday 23 January 2021

Hope in a white world

This morning I got up to a white world. A thin layer of snow coated & still coats most to the garden, the street, the roofs of the houses, the cars. Entering the kitchen my eyes were drawn to the empty fat ball container. The birds must have been hungry! Needless to say it has been hastily refilled, along with the addition of some pork fat from yesterday’s dinner. I also scattered some seeds on the wall of the raised bed – the blackbird doesn’t like to eat at the feeder but he does enjoy anything left on the wall for him. I feel all wildlife needs an extra hand to find food in this weather.

 

Yesterday’s phone call from radiotherapy has given me some optimism. She wasn’t put off by the fact Lump is now leaking daily, sometimes with a bit of blood intermixed with the yellowness. I asked what size a lump had to be for her to do anything. Her reaction was basically any size if it’s causing pain or difficulty in carrying out everyday tasks. I mentioned then some of the other lumps, some of which I’m sure are far from the areas previously radiated. Nothing is definite yet. She needs to see it/them, to see how the cancer has spread since the last CT scan. She wants to get a second opinion to decide which is the best way to tackle the problem. So I will have an appointment to see her & her colleague early in Feb. Meanwhile she is confident there is something she can do to ease some of my pain. Let’s hope so.

 

No comments: