Sunday 25 October 2020

Round in circles

Another wet day washes down the garden. Red leaves are rapidly been blown, or soaked, off the acer.

 

The clocks have changed. Everything is an hour later. Not everything. I woke up at 6.30 am – 7.30 being my more usual time. And yet even then it look lighter & brighter than it has in days. I looked across the room to the picture hanging on the wall. Of late I’ve been hard pushed to see the light frame but today I could even see the light on the water going down between the banks of the harbour. I tried to convince myself to sleep on – unsuccessfully.

 

The Fox is cooking today – Chilli Con Corned Beef. We’ve been struck during the pandemic by the rise once more of tinned foods. They’ve never gone out of fashion for us. We love our corned beef. I gather Spam is once more being advertised on the TV – I tend only to watch pre-recorded programmes so we skip through the ads so I’ve not actually seen them. It’s ages since we’ve had Spam but I remember the Fox’s dad loving my Spam Fritters.

 

The world continues to go round in its circles. Regardless, or because, of pandemics.

 

No comments: