Saturday 24 October 2020

Busy week ahead

It’s a wet & grey day. I’ve got some chilli on the go in the slow cooker. I suspect we might appreciate something so warming by this evening. Meanwhile the starlings have been enjoying the cut-up pieces of rind off the shoulder of pork that is in the chilli.

 

Next week is going to be busy as we once more set off to Kendal to see the oncologist followed by some chemo. I wonder how I will react to this version. The explanatory leaflet about the chemo says I will lose my hair, not may. I’m already losing some as it is from the last lot of chemo, so I suppose this will just speed up the loss. Apart from that, anything & everything may happen.

 

On top of that, I have the district nurse coming for my pre-chemo bloods. I’m also waiting to hear from the local palliative care team.

 

The Fox also has an eye test. He suspects he needs new glasses as he doesn’t feel he’s seeing as well as he did.

 

We’re also in the midst of sorting out our wills. That’s one thing I want sorted before I die. This will is much shorter & simpler. Hopefully it will be ready to sign this week.

Busy busy as I say.

 

No comments: