Tuesday 29 May 2018

Salad days

It’s yet another bright & sunny day. It’s rare we have such a long run of such days. What is more, for once it hasn’t ended up getting too muggy in the process. We enjoyed sitting outside last night eating our pie.

Today, I’m somewhat surprised to say we’re having a salad. For years the Fox avoided salads like the plague, but in more recent years he’s discovered they can be a joy, particularly in hot weather. In France he’s enjoyed many a salad with differing dressings to vary the flavour. The real joy though has been salad items with flavour.

Today he’s even volunteered to make the salad, a potato & bacon one. I’ve boiled the eggs - with an extra one for my breakfast - & the potatoes. The rest is for him to do. We’re anticipating having it in the garden followed by some ice cream.

I’ve just had a phone call from my carer. She’s running late. She’s been told to come at 11am, not the 10am I expected her. At least now I know I can relax & get on with something. I can’t help thinking it’s just as well we finished that computer course. Clearly the company reckon I will always be in so they can just change times no problem. They don’t seem to realise we do have other things to do e.g. see the doctor, go to hospital or dentist, which just can’t be left. I also find being left waiting a long time very stressful. I would certainly have been on the phone long before 11.30 if she hadn’t rung. But at least she had the initiative to ring & let me know what was happening, unlike the office.

No comments: