Wednesday 9 May 2018

Back to school


So yesterday we started a course on the use of tablets, the electronic kind rather than the medical ones. (The latter we have only too much experience of.) It’s only a short course but it’s free. Hopefully we’ll be able to make better use of our tablet.

We bought the tablet a while ago to replace our laptop which was on its last legs. The laptop gave up for good a month or so ago, so now we’re relying on the tablet instead when we don’t want to go on the desktop for whatever reason. We soon found what we felt we could do was minimal. The Android system is quite different from what we’ve had before. Apart from using it for an alarm clock or playing games on holiday, it’s been pretty useless.

After the three hour session I do feel a bit wiser. I can work out how to get free wi-fi if it’s around. I can now load up an app without having to get the Fox to do it for me.

I’m hoping to feel confident to do all I at present do on the desktop on the tablet. Maybe I’ll even find new things I can enjoy doing on it. I’m sure it’s got the potential. The question is whether I have the potential. Still we’ll see.

Fortunately the teacher is working on the basis of a total lack of knowledge. She makes everything seem simple & possible. So here’s hoping.

No comments: