Saturday 25 February 2017

Plans, or lack of them



I sometimes think we must be a sad disappointment to some of our friends. Our lives are very quiet these days, going around in a fairly small circle of activity.

We were at the golf club yesterday with our Friday set of friends. One arrived later than us. During the course of our conversation, he duly asked what plans we had for the weekend.

“Plans?” I thought. We don’t do plans often. My only plan was sea bass for dinner today, bed changing & sorting out washing & the Fox is cooking some tuna curry for Sunday. I didn’t think those were the sort of plans he meant so simply said none.

We frequently get asked such questions. My usual reaction is nothing special, just everyday living. We’re not great planners. We usually decide last minute on the basis of how we’re feeling. Holidays abroad do take a bit more planning but we’re not thinking of anything like that at the moment. We’re still waiting for the itchy feet to tell us it’s time to start looking.

The medical appointments have started to arrive. I’m off to see how the radiotherapy has done at the end of March. All I can say now is one spot of peeling seems to have stopped so I’m thinking I can stop moisturising that area. The other area is still peeling, looks pretty naff but doesn’t weep or feel sore. That area I will continue to moisturise for a while yet. I am now feeling considerably more comfortable. I suspect before long they will want to do a mammogram to see how things are inside. After all, the tumour that was removed was only discoverable by that means as it hadn’t grown sufficiently to form a surface lump. I suspect only when that is done will I know if all is well. Meanwhile I try to forget the problem, put on my best smile & get on with living.

No comments: