Tuesday 14 February 2017

A note of alarm



It dawned upon me this morning that I hadn’t examined the browned areas of my breast recently. I had a quick look. What I saw filled me with some alarm. 

The skin seems to be peeling off. I’m telling myself not to worry. I’ve been moisturising the area twice a day since before Christmas. It looks as though all the moisturising has allowed time for the skin below to form & it is only the dead skin finally coming off. There is no sign of a weeping sore as I would expect with a blister. Hopefully all is therefore well. If it gets worse I’ll get on to the hospital or my GP.

The worse of the two areas is just under the breast, where the elastic of my bra inevitably goes, possibly rubbing on the patch. The other smaller area is not covered by my bra & I suspect is over where the lymph node was removed.

Neither are particularly sore so I will continue with the moisturising & hope all is well, while keeping a more careful eye on the situation.

No comments: