Saturday 9 July 2016

Unexpected memories



AT the moment, our screensaver chooses from the range of our photos stored on the computer. This means it always comes up as a constant surprise. You never know what will turn up. Whatever turns up comes as a welcome surprise filled with vivid memories. It is surprising too how often images are instantly recognisable even if you haven’t looked at them for years.

Here’s what turned up yesterday.



I was instantly on holiday in the Catalan area & the path up to “Les Orgues” (“The Organ Pipes”), a fascinating geological formation. These metal birds were erected along the rather boring footpath at the bottom, before the scenery took off. We visited there in 2008 & I'd not looked at the photos since but instantly recognised the birds.
 
Les Orgues
Today I was off to Venice & St Mark’s Square.



Before that I had a brief image of Mario, the waiter at our favourite restaurant in Pompeii. Sometimes I’ve come across some very early pictures of us & our friends in our youth, of friends & family now sadly deceased, the garden before it had its makeover, holidays around the world. All good memories that make me smile.

No comments: