Wednesday 8 July 2015

Plans



When I got up, the world was overcast. Nonetheless I thought I should be able to go down to the shops to buy some fresh fish for dinner. By the time I had got washed & dressed ready for some breakfast it had turned to rain. I hastily got some sardines out of the freezer instead. My mobility scooter does not appreciate the wet. Rain looks set for the rest of the morning at least. Still sardines should be a pleasing change.

We were somewhat bemused to hear at the fishmonger’s where we bought the sardines that apparently he sells sardines predominantly to the anglers. They use them as bait for pike. I couldn’t help commenting what a waste. I much prefer the idea of eating a tasty sardine to a sometimes muddy pike. I’m clearly in a minority.

We’ve heard from the hospital. The Fox will start his physiotherapy next week. Hopefully his life will become less pain-filled than it is at the moment. I’m hoping he will be walking better by the time we go to Austria.

I have started to read a bit more about Austria. I’ve started with Salzburg & the area around there as we will be spending most of our holiday in that part of Austria.

I do wish guidebooks would give you some idea of how wheelchair accessible places were. As it is I note places it would be nice to see but don’t let myself get too excited in case we can’t get in. I dismiss anywhere with steep inclines or stairs mentioned. There’s no way we’re going to get up them. It is a pity as there sounds as there are some spectacular waterfalls, caves & gorges in the area. Our Vienna guidebook does a better job of indicating access. That’s where I will be moving on to once I’ve completed reading about the Austrian lake district.

No comments: