Saturday 14 February 2015

Garden thoughts



Di, our new gardener, is coming again today. Her effort last week still remains relatively weed-free. Hopefully she’s going to have got the garden tidied up before the spring arrives with its full vigour.

Meanwhile I’m being struck by the snowdrops & crocuses appearing in the front garden. I’m tempted to thin them out & plant the extra bulbs in one of the raised beds near the house. I can’t help thinking a little bit of spring colour so near would cheer us up at this time of year. In that bed at the moment is only some rosemary, sage, mint & a magnolia tree. Although the sage & rosemary give some all year round green, the idea of an early bit of white, gold & purple appeals. They would reassure us spring is on its way no matter how far off it seems as the cold & wet continues.

Some crocuses & snowdrops, though, would have to remain in the front garden as I still want to be cheered whenever we go out, or I sit in the lounge window looking up from my jigsaws.

No comments: