Sunday 8 February 2015

Find one, lose one



A thick gauze curtain has been spread across the world. Slowly the layers are being removed as the fog/mist thins. The end of the garden is starting to appear.

We’re expecting Di, our new gardener to start work today. I ventured out to unbolt the gate ready for her. I stopped, awestruck, as I noticed a huge web spreading between the tip of a clematis shoot up to the wooden frame of a pergola. The strands were bejewelled with moisture droplets. Magnificent.

I then ventured into the laundry room, & to the freezer. We’re re-heating one of the Fox’s slow cooked meals for dinner tonight so I needed to find it to thaw out ready. While I was there I thought I might as well look for the chicken I’m going to need for tomorrow’s pie. Could I find the odd breast? No. But I did find that small packetof diced lamb I lost last month. So maybe tomorrow we’ll be having Lamb Pasties for a change, rather than the Chicken & Sweetcorn Pie I was intending.

No comments: