Thursday 14 August 2014

To go or not to go



I got up this morning. A quick foray around the patio area encouraged me in the idea of going off on the Mean Machine, my mobility scooter, to buy some fish, some mackerel, for dinner tonight.

I went inside, had some breakfast. I looked out of the kitchen window. The golden paving was looking a richer colour. A shower had clearly fallen. My scooter doesn’t like getting wet, any more than I do. I go off & have some tea while I decide what to do.

As the path was still wet on my return, I decided to tackle the ironing. The sky seemed to brighten up, but then another shower. That clearly is going to be the pattern of the day, the morning at least. So it is I’ve abandoned the idea of going out for some fish.

I’ve even changed my idea of what to do this evening. It’s now become a pasta dish with a broccoli & anchovy sauce - I had to get some oily fish in somehow – to accompany some grilled pork sausages.

The Fox is cooking tomorrow. He’s doing something with chicken. On Saturday I’ll maybe have another go at trying to get down to the fishmonger on the Mean Machine. Oh, and then I could have a tour of the garden while I have the Mean Machine out. Here’s hoping.

2 comments:

Malcolm said...

I really get annoyed with the deceptions that the weather throws our way. Mind you, if it wasn't so fickle we'd be living far away from these Isles!

The Oxcliffe Fox said...

Nice to have heard from you Malcolm.

Whatever else you can say, British weather is unpredictable - maybe that's why we spend so much time talking, and writing, about it. Brilliant sunshine can get boring after a while, never a problem here.
You always know it won't last!