Monday 25 August 2014

Fairly quiet



I’ve just finishing making up the Corned Beef Hamburgers for today’s dinner. It’s a use-up day & the third of the tin of corned beef needed using up – the rest went in the excellent Hampton Pie the Fox made last week.

The car hunt is proceeding. We’re off to test ride a Ford Focus tomorrow & a Peugeot 2008 later in the week. We’ve still not found the perfect car for us.

We thought it would be easier looking for a brand new car rather than our usual second hand one. The reality seems to be something else.

We both felt very comfortable sat in the Nissan Qashqai but I struggled to get in & out. Oh dear. The hunt goes on.

Meanwhile we look out on the new garden with continued pleasure. The only real problem is that the bark mulch seems to have been specially impregnated with weeds. Dandelions, irises, mare’s tail, nettles, all are appearing. And there’s an awful lot of bare earth for them to flourish in & it’s an awful long way down for me to stretch down without bending my knees, or to reach from a seat. I’m already longing for the next couple of years to roll by fast, by which time the plants that have been put in will have had chance to spread out, smothering the weeds. Meanwhile I tackle a few weeds every day. I suspect we will be looking for a new gardener come the spring.

No comments: