Tuesday 31 December 2013

Making changes

I think it's safe to say I've not instantly found my way around the new software. I had great difficulty with publishing yesterday's blog, hence the rather peculiar way it ended up looking. Somehow I ended up saving in the Fox's blog. It looked fine there. It just wasn't where I wanted the text to be. In my endeavour to copy from one site to the other, odd things happened.

One thing about the new Word package is that there is a tutorial. I suspect I'm going to have to work my way slowly through it. Until then I suspect I'm going to have to go back onto the laptop or do as I'm doing now, write in my blogsite itself even though it's word processing capabilities are fairly basic.

Maybe I'm just a bit downhearted. Once more it's dark, grey & wet. It's 10am & I still feel I need the lights on to see. I hate having to do that.

I'm having a deliberately quiet day today. The Fox has made a spicy cottage pie for dinner. Tomorrow is going to be busy for me. I've a shoulder of lamb to bone & stuff. I'm also proposing to make a cherry pie for afters. I usually make the big meal on New Year's Eve, to sett us in the mood for the festivities nearer midnight. However, this year it's dawned upon me tomorrow is the Bank Holiday, the day we would hope to see family if we had any, the day I wouldn't be working if I was capable of working, so it makes more sense to make the meal that day. It also separates the midnight champagne a bit further from the evening Chateauneuf du Pape.

I confess I'm quite looking forward to things settling down to normality with the end of the holiday season. It's just all a bit much for me these days.

Roll on next week...

No comments: