Monday 2 December 2013

A busy week ahead



I’ve just been on the phone, first to the hospital then to Al, our gardener. This week is going to be a busy one.

We’re starting today with a visit to the computer shop to tell them what we’ve decided about the old desktop computer. Almost inevitably we’ve decided the time has come to look for a new one. In all honesty our old one is about 12 years old, positively geriatric for a computer. So while we’re there we’ll see if there’s anything suitable to buy that fits our purposes.

Tomorrow the Fox is off to see the doc. We suspect he’s starting on arthritis in his hip. It’s affecting his left hip, which, since his stroke a couple of years ago, is the side he limps on when he’s tired. It may just be that he needs some physiotherapy to correct his walking. We’ll see.

Wednesday sees me at the surgery for a blood test in connection with the pancreatitis. This was originally arranged for last Friday. When we got to the surgery, we found they had booked me in the day before even though, at the time of making the appointment, I had said it was impossible for me to get there as our home help was coming so we made it for the Friday. Oh well, hopefully this time the blood-letting will take place.

I rang the hospital to arrange some new knee braces. Since my pancreatic attack last year, I’ve lost the best part of a stone and a half in weight, with the result my knee braces just slide down my legs. They did get me a new smaller pair last year, which still fit fine, but I have nothing that fits when that pair has a wash. The knee braces make a big difference to my pain levels & therefore what I am able to do. Hopefully the new pair will arrive later this week or next week.

Al I rang to tell him about our new garden design. As the man who knows our garden best, we feel he may have some useful comments on the design. We certainly feel he deserves to be kept in the picture. Al was out when I rang but his wife will let him know what’s happening at our end.

So it seems we’re in for a busy week. The first three are definites, then there’s a possibility of a trip into Lancaster to collect my new knee braces, and visits from both the landscaper who will be bringing round the amended design, and from Al, our gardener. Oh and there’s a visit from our new home help, Linda, & some food shopping to do as well. All in all it’s going to be a busy time.

I suppose, too, I’m also aware that Christmas is on its way & it’s time I sorted out the cards at least. I know my stepbrother & his wife are off to Australia for the festive season with his extended family. He was actually born in Queensland & still has some very early memories of life there. This will be his first visit back in what must be about 60 years. I’m not quite sure when they’re off, but I would like our card to arrive before they go.

I’m also tossing through my mind what treats to get in for us. We’ve decided to have another Christmas on our own, but this year, as I’m feeling so much brighter, we’ll push the boat out a bit more, have more of a celebration.

No comments: