Wednesday 2 October 2013

Around & around we go



One of the things that always seems to strike me in Provence is the proliferation of carousels. I seem to be making a photographic compilation of them. I’ll start with a picture that regular long-established readers of my blog may find familiar as I included it in my blogs from our last trip to Provence in 2010.

 
A magnificent example in Nice



In the seaside towns we visited in Provence this time, the theme of Jules Verne seems to have predominated. I wonder why. If anyone knows please let me know.



The one at Bandol

And so to Cassis


 
Still at Cassis

Now we're at Sanary sur Mer

  
I love the fact that these carousels both continue to exist, & are in working order, still enjoyed by today’s children. I also love the colour & the music that goes with them. They cheer the soul. I love the fact they come single- & some double-tiered, presumably according to the size of the venue they are in & the money available to set one up.

No comments: